Our commitment to our clients and their homes starts before construction, and lasts beyond each successfully completed project.
By understanding and sharing the goals of our clients, we can conduct our business with the highest principles of service and quality.
With a focus on experience, training and aesthetics, we bring a unique perspective and substantive value to each project.
We conscientiously manage our company so that it will stay strong and continue to serve our clients well into the future.
Senior construction managers, professional project coordinators, finance staff, experienced and trained field staff, and in-house design support services work efficiently together to bring the latest and most informed ideas to each project. Using our extensive experience and the latest in industry training, we seamlessly integrate best practices into every project phase.
We collaborate with clients early in the project, along with their designers and architects, to develop the final plan and use our construction and administrative experience to uncover opportunities, suggest alternatives that may better meet the client’s goals, and optimize the balance between the vision, cost and schedule of each project.
Pre-construction development, progress billing invoices, and change order management are all designed to give clients comprehensive insight into the administration of their projects. This facilitates early identification and resolution of questions or issues, to keep the project on a successful path.
Our mission of building healthy, beautiful and enduring projects extends to the ongoing support of our clients and their homes. Our long term success is in great part thanks to the enduring relationships we have established with our clients and our professional partners.
Assessment: Best Business Practices
Over the years, McCutcheon has integrated operational and corporate practices that not only enable McCutcheon to accurately estimate and successfully build a wide variety of projects, but also protect homeowners, physically and financially, during and after construction.
- CA State Contractors License
- Current Workers Comp Insurance
- Current Liability Insurance
- Obtain permits for all jobs
- Track subcontractor licenses, insurance certificates, and pre-lien notices and releases
- Available in emergencies
- Financially stable
- Deliver reliable service after the job is complete
- Install extensive protection (from pollutants, debris and damage) for the jobsite and the home, prior to start of construction
- Use negative air machines to prevent pollution of the living spaces
- EPA Lead Safe Certified
- Provide full time on-site project supervision
- Clean up and secure the jobsite daily
McCutcheon Practices that impact project success:
- Provide detailed estimates, and a process for cost change approval.
- Provide detailed project schedules with regular updates.
- Ability to provide in-house design services, including 3D modeling
- Experience in the specific city and neighborhood
- Hold a current city business license
- Have a solid reputation with the local building department
- Have a known and reliable team of local subcontractors
- Proactively attentive to good neighbor relations
- Established reputation with the design community
- Ongoing employee training, certification and education
- Certified Green Building Professionals
Additional McCutcheon "Good Business" Practices:
- Give back to the community, support local causes and organizations
- Company and Facilities measures and Certifications for Green Business Practices, water conservation and power generation and conservation.
- Active leadership in local Construction, Green and Community organizations.